An Employee Who Will Not Work Extra Hours (Managing Essentials™ Series)
15 Minutes Level: Intermediate
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who lacks necessary job skills. What do you do? There are four steps you can take.
Target Audience: Managers / Supervisors
- Interactive Exercises
- Job Aids and Reference Materials
New Just-In-Time Performance Management Tool! You have an employee who won’t stay after hours or come in early when it’s needed. What do you do? There are four steps you can take to help the situation.
Let the employee know the problem with examples of how work was negatively affected when they weren’t available. Remind the employee the job occasionally requires some flexibility in hours. Ask the employee for their perspective. Listen for clues to how the problem might be solved with some creativity on both sides. Get agreement that the employee’s inability to meet your job requirements is a problem that needs solving.
Job Aids and Reference Materials
- Managing Essentials™ An Employee Who Will Not Work Extra Hours
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- Office & General
- Supports iPhone & iPad App: TrainingFlow™ App on iOS devices
- Supports Android App: TrainingFlow™ app on Android devices
- Supports Current Browsers: Chrome 60+, Firefox 60+, Safari 12+, Edge 16+